Friday, November 7, 2008

...If I die before I wake.....I pray thee Lord......


Since I have been a Mormon, my big thing is that I want to be sealed to David & our boys ASAP!!
This is a weird thing.

A really, really weird thing, but I want to make sure I don't die before we are sealed as a family.
I have already asked David that if I die before we can go to temple, will he have someone stand in as proxy & have us sealed.
I asked Donna today.... would she help David if something were to happen to me.
I mean, help him to get me buried right.
So, here I am at Donna's at 9:00 a.m.'ish asking her to take care of my burial clothes. Help David get the right stuff for me.
Then, I start to tell Donna how I feel burial should be done.
A couple of years ago I was looking online
at home funeral's.
This is where you have everything in your home & not the funeral home.
It is much more cost efficient & more family & more comfortable.
I told you, I am weird!!!
Anyways, I came across a Jewish site for pine boxes, cuz I don't want all the fluff & stuff that goes along with most funeral home burials.
So, while I was there, I was looking at the Jewish customs for burying their dead.
The way they prepare the body.
The reverence & respect that they show to the person, as if they were still alive.
I told David of all the customs & told him that this is exactly how I think it should be done.
A Holy, sacred, reverential, beautiful ceremony.
A last rite of passage.
As a person takes their last breath here on earth, they are taking their first breath back to Heavenly Father.
I told David that I must be Jewish.
So anyway, here I am telling Donna
all this & she says... "Cheryl, we follow alot of the same things, along the same lines as the Jewish"
...then she starts telling me how the preparation is done....
...how it is sacred & very reverent.....
...so much love & care...
I just started crying......
Just last night I was praying to Heavenly Father asking Him to let me know this is the right place for me.
Asking Him to forgive my ignorance & the ignorance of all Christian's as to the person or personages of the God Head.
I told Heavenly Father that I feel that the LDS church is the true church.
I told Him that all I want to do is to LOVE Him!!!
Just Love Him!!!!
So, then....
...talking to Donna today....
...Heavenly Father let's me know that on this earth...
... Our Birth, Life & now Death too...

...all things that I believe to be true are right here...
... in one place...
... LDS!!!
I cried because it just feels so good...
So right...
So wonderful to know that I am truly in the right place.
The place that Heavenly Father wants me to be!!!!
I am not afraid to die.
If that should happen before I go to Temple......
I will have a proxy.
David & our boys will take care of me.
They will make sure that we are together forever!!!
Oh.... and guess what?!?
I'm not Jewish.....
I'm Mormon/ Latter Day Saint!!!!!
Peace to you all & Blessings to your families!!!

p.s. I LOVE our missionaries!!!
This is Elder Rudd (transferred 2 weeks ago.... our newbie.... we were his first family to help teach), and Elder Moser. I love these guys!!! As you can see, our whole family loves these guys!!!
We have LOVED all of our missionaries!!! They are such wonderful young people. Truly touched & blessed by our Heavenly Father!!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

You will come to learn even more the respect we have for the dead, and the love, as well. We are nothing and nobody without the people that came before us! You will be taken care of, and how cool that you are working on getting sealed. It truly is a beautiful wonderful thing, and it is amazing seeing you work for that goal. You are amazing!