I have been helping out in Primary for the last 3 weeks.It is kind of a funny story how it all came about.
Sister Ashley asked me if I could take her class for a couple of Sunday's.
So, I say sure.
Ok... If you know me.... you know I have a hearing problem.
2 Sunday's was really 2 months. :o)
So, I have been there for 3 Sunday's.
It is so cool.
The first Sunday.... 3 weeks ago... we just read out of the manual & there was 1 person & myself.
The 2nd Sunday.... 2 weeks ago... there were 5 kids & I was suppposed to teach about Faith & how it can grow.
So, I had these little capsules with a sponge animal in them & you put them in water, and they grow.
So... to go along with the lesson, I told the kids, just like this capsule when put in water & the sponge grows, you put your faith in Heavenly Father, and it grows.
So the things that help our Faith grow?
Scripture reading, praying, doing the right thing.... that kind of stuff.... The kid's got it!! It was really cool.
So, this past Sunday, yesterday... Agency!!!
So, I made this chocolate frosting, but instead of sugar... salt.
I only frosted one cookie with the yuk frosting.
The rest of the cookies got the really good stuff.
So, you want to know how I made this one work.
Well, here is agency... the ability to choose.
All decisions carry consequence.
Good decisions carry good consequence & poor choices.... well not so great of a consequence.
So, I have the directions for my frosting .
I hold up my Bible & say I have the directions all right here.
How to make everything perfect.
How to get a great outcome.
It is all right here.
But..... I don't want to use sugar.
I decide to go away from the directions & do it my way.
But hang on... salt looks just like sugar.
It shouldn't cause any harm.
It looks like it could be the right thing.
But.... it is NOT the right thing to do.
The outcome.... not so good.
It was so much fun.
I really like filling in at Primary.
I don't think I would want to do it full time, cuz' I really miss Relief Society.
But, Primary is cool.
Just before I was called to Primary for fill-in, I was praying to Heavenly Father telling Him I want to know more of the stories of the BOM.
I want to know stuff like.... Jonah & the Whale.... Moses & the Burning Bush... but BOM stories.
Ya know?
I bought this video, but it is VHS & it has kids stories on it.
We have DVD in the livingroom & I want the family to share this.
So, needless to say, we have not watched it as of yet.
So anyhoo...... I was telling David, I wanted to buy these books off of ebay that have the illustrated kids BOM stories & the Joseph Smith History & History of the church.
I have to have it kiddiefied to hold my interest.
You know, pictures for me to get it, then give me the big books later. Baby steps.
So, how cool that Heavenly Father let me fill in at Primary so I can get some of these stories read!!!
And I am getting to learn some of the Primary songs!!!
WAY COOL!!!
I like the song... We thank thee oh God for a prophet....
I don't know all the words yet, I make sure I stand next to an older kid so I can copy what they sing. hehehehe ;o)
So, anyway.... just thought I would share.
Oh, and I gave my first talk on Sunday. I was nervous. Thought I was gonna throw up in the car, on the way to church.
Everyone said it was ok, so I am assuming it was ok.
It was on depression & suicide & hope (I think).
Anyway.... just lots of information for hurting people & a very willing Heavenly Father who wants us to come to him...
I used a scripture in Matthew... come to me all ye who are heavy laden & I will give you rest.
That was the conclusion of my talk.
So, now I will go & read some more of this coming Sunday's lesson.
I like to read the scriptures on Sunday afternoon for the upcoming Sunday's lesson.
That way I have all week to think it over & work it out in my head & think about how it would make sense to me.
Cuz' I am Toys R Us Kid ya know!!! ;o)
Be blessed all & until we see each other... xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Cheryl
p.s. I have 3 more posts to make about the very beginning of our journey. 1- The snake dream...... 2- The first visit with the Elder's..... 3- The dream of my Mom @ the Temple. I will get to them.... soon.

1 comment:
How amazing you are at teaching children such important principles of the gospel in "kiddified" ways! What a valuable asset you are to that little branch! And to our Heavenly Father. Can't wait to actually meet you. In a few weeks!
Hugs
Morgan
Post a Comment