Other Christian churches that I have been to have been so different about communion/sacrament. I went to a church that served communion 1 x per month. One that did it 1 x per year & I went to a church where we only had communion 2 x in 4 1/2 yrs. At LDS church, we have sacrament every week!!!!I have always loved the partaking of communion, now sacrament. It means sooooooooooo much to me. It is that something special that Heavenly Father/Jesus did......just for me!!!! It is kind of like nursing my boys, when they were babies. It was something that ONLY I could give them. Something that I did.....just for them. Kind of like Heavenly Father/Jesus did. I mean.....yeah I know they didn't nurse babies......but Jesus did something that no other person had, has or will ever do for me/us. It is a special bonding between Father/Jesus & His people. Kind of like that special bonding that takes place when nursing a baby.
When I have sacrament, it just is soooooooooooooo special. That Father loved ME enough to send HIS son to earth to die for me. I would or could not do that......I mean intentionally send my Josh or Bri, knowing the pain, humiliation, the death that would await either of them. WOW!!!!
That Jesus loved ME so much that he would come to earth......knowing what awaited him. The scorns, beatings, betrayal, the pain, the beatings, the incredible pain of death...... That someone would do that for me.....for my family......for all of mankind.......WOW!!!!!
Sacrament makes me so emotional. When I went to other churches & sacrament was so infrequent.......well, I cried, but only about once / month at most......now sacrament is every week......every week I say......I am not going to cry......then here comes the bread......
I put the bread in my mouth. I pray to my Father & Jesus.....I thank them for the sacrifice that was made for me.......there goes the shaking leg.....the biting of the lip.......too late, tears.
So, I don't know if sacrament is something that I will get used to, but I hope not. I hope that I always appreciate the sacrifice made for me....my family.....my friends.....all of mankind.
Be blessed dearies.....until next blog..........Cheryl

2 comments:
My Dear friend MY Dear sweet ETERNAL FRIEND. I hope I get to sit by you every week....I LOVE LOVE LOVE sitting by you during the sacrament. I think we Latter Day-Saints get so used to the sacrament it becomes habit...just something we do. But sitting by you I can almost feel your prayers being sent up to Heavenly Father thanking him for sending His son for US. I feel your sincerity.
Donna, I am so glad you are ok with me..... I mean, cuz I feel kinda lame sometimes....ok, all the times I cry, I feel lame.
Post a Comment