Thursday, November 17, 2011

FINALLY!!!!


Yuppers... we are finally going to do it... WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!
Took me a long time to figure this one out..
I was so afraid... but now I am not afraid anymore.
A long long LONG time ago, pre LDS, I told Satan that he would never have my soul.
I was & am TOTALLY sold out to God.
Satan comes to steal, kill & destroy.... so, I figured if he couldn't have my soul, he would make life as hard as he can here for me.... steal my joy, or as much as he could...
So, anyway.... Going to Temple has been really scary for me....
Making PROMISES to God.... that is SERIOUS stuff!!!
But now my brain finally connected the dots....
I told Satan a long time ago I was God's..... Now I am just telling God!!!!!
I don't know why I was afraid for so long???
I finally get that I renew my Baptismal vows every Sunday at Sacrament...
And... that is easy for me to do..
I guess it is the thing about going to HIS house!!!!
A sacred & HOLY place!!!
This endowment ceremony is like I am marrying Jesus/God.
I am so excited to finally NOT be afraid...
Elder Vickers showed me how I don't have to be perfect..
Brother Bubnick & Brother Challis & Brother Kitchen had been trying to teach me that...
I just couldn't get it in my head, it just wasn't connecting...
Yes, we took 2 Temple prep classes, like I said, I don't get stuff!!!
Anyway, Elder Vickers came over on a Missionary Swap day... he was from the Rockford area..
So, he was trying to explain it to me, I said... 'I don't get it'... so he tried another way..
Still no connection in my brain..
THEN he drew me this diagram & told me this is how I was before baptism..
ME..............................................................Heavenly Father
Before Baptism there is no way for me to get to Heavenly Father...
But after Baptism, I take on the name of Jesus Christ...
Now..... here's
Me.............. 80% good day........................................ Heavenly Father..... And Jesus makes up the other 20% I was lacking to be in the presence of my Heavenly Father....
I probably said it all wrong, but when he said it, it finally clicked!!
I said, what if I have a terrible day & am only like 20% good??
Elder Vickers said... "Then Jesus makes up the other 80%" so I can stand in the presence of my Heavenly Father.
He said that I don't have to be perfect to go to Temple... because I will never be perfect, but because of Christ, he makes me perfect... get it???
I hope I didn't say it all wrong.
But, I finally got it... I didn't have to be 100% before I went to Temple.... cuz I would never be that.
So, we ..... I.... cuz it was me holding up the ceremony.... finally decided in October it was time to go.
So, on Nov. 18, 2011 (Fri) at 7:00 p.m. we will have the Endowment Ceremony.
Then, Dec. 23, 2011 we will be Sealed in the Temple....
Sorry, I forgot what time... I think it is 3 p.m. but I am not sure... and I think it is on a Thur.. but I am not sure..
I am too excited for this part to focus too hard on the 2nd part.
Anyway, those who cannot be here in physical..... I know you will be thinking of us on those days..
And though your physical presence will be missed, I know your blessings will be with us.
It has been a LONG journey.. and there is a lot of road to go.... But,
I think we can do this...
Actually.... I KNOW WE CAN!!!!!!

No comments: